Saturday, May 29, 2010

Eating out: Eddie's Bakery Cafe (Fresno, CA)


One of my longtime favorite Fresno lunch spots has to be Eddie's Bakery Cafe on the northwest corner of Cedar and Herndon. My good friend Kelly Paramo first took me there circa 1995 when we were Fresno State undergrads and I've been loyal ever since. I like to go to Eddie's with my wife Tracy (pictured above) to watch happy people walk out of the place while delicately carrying giant decorative cakes and fruit tarts in their arms.



I always like to order the grilled chicken panini. It comes with a thin-sliced, grilled chicken breast, caramelized onions and fontina cheese, on a panini. They even cut the crusts off to make a fancy line and include a big pickle spear. I always order mine with the seasonal fruit salad.



On this day, Tracy ordered the caesar salad and added a grilled chicken breast. It comes with chopped hearts of romaine, caesar dressing and shredded parmesan, with a slice of freshly baked sourdough on the side. Eddie's also sells their homemade salad dressings.



And when you eat lunch at Eddie's, make sure to leave room for dessert. On this day, Tracy and I split a piece of chocolate cake. I asked the baker what the name of this cake was and he said it didn't have one. But then he made up the name "sprinkly shoelace chocolate cake" just for us.

Eddie's Bakery Cafe
7089 N. Cedar Ave., Fresno, CA 93720

No comments:

Post a Comment